Putting in place an effective estate plan is one of the most important decisions you can make. Without an estate plan, the IRS and the State of California will determine what happens to your assets after you die or who will manage your assets should you become incapacitated. This can result in painful financial consequences for your loved ones.
We believe that estate planning is not just about creating documents. It’s about the whole person. For starters, we take the time to really listen to our clients. We will work hard to gain a thorough understanding of your concerns, goals, hopes and unique family dynamics. Only then will we design a plan that ensures all of your needs are met, and your wishes are carried out. If you already have an estate plan, it is important to have that plan reviewed periodically to make sure it still meets your needs, and is not outdated.
At Alexander Law Office, we can help you achieve all, or just some, of the following, depending on your specific needs:
- Maintain control over your affairs
- Protect your assets
- Continue to enjoy the lifestyle to which you have become accustomed
- Significantly reduce income, gift, capital gains and estate taxes
- Pass the largest possible amount of your wealth on to your heirs in accordance with your wishes
- Protect your heirs’ inheritance from creditors, predators and, in certain cases, from the poor judgment of your heirs themselves
- Keep your affairs private
- Avoid the expenses and delays associated with probate
- Ensure your legacy